The club was started back in 1919 as a ‘Club for the boys of Union Street’ founded by Canon Bonhote and GF Bradby, masters at Rugby School. It was intended to provide a place for the boys of Union Street to go, socialise, play and learn skills. We’ve come a long way since then but the foundations laid by Bradby and Bonhote remain heavily influential in the work we do today.
We have launched our Centenary Countdown Appeal which aims to:
- Build a fund to sustain the crucial youth-worker posts and services.
- Improve the clubhouse kitchen, so important for healthy learning, for self-esteem and for community outreach.
- Improve the ball-court to open up new opportunities for sport within the community.
Fundraising has already begun, and the club has set a goal of raising £200,000. £1,000 for each year of its history, and £1,000 for each year of the next 100.
Special Thank You’s to Neil Terry Printing and James Stewart for the Centenary Logos.