Bradby Club’s Targeted Youth Support aims to identify and work with young people who have additional or complex needs and provide them with extra support through individual and group programs and in partnership with other organisations.
The project can pick up young people who may not meet the criteria for Targeted Support for Young People filling the gap and reduce issues escalating and young lives being negatively impacted by lack of immediate support. We work with young people either already accessing the club, at risk of or excluded from education, NEET (not in education, employment or training) and at risk of becoming NEET, engaging in criminal behaviour and those at greater risk either through direct contact or referrals.
Young people’s needs are assessed and a program developed to unpick issues and barriers and promote positive change in young people’s lives. Progress and impact are measured using national frameworks incorporated by Targeted Support for Young People.
Bradby’s Inclusion and Targeted Support Project can help young people:
- Stay in school or college
- Getting and keeping a job or training
- Stay out of trouble and turn their lives around for the better
- Address negative and risky behaviours exploring more positive ways of doing things
- Build on ambition and talent and turn it into achievement
- Build confidence, self-esteem, self-worth and motivate young people to achieve to their full potential
- Stay in control and recognise unsafe situations and behaviour
A whole team approach utilising the many unique specialisms across our multi-skilled members of staff and volunteers to ensure the young person receives the correct support with the correct methods at the right time from the right professional. Issues that can be addressed include:
- Child sexual exploitation, working with Warwickshire CSE team
- Healthy relationships
- Anger management
- Emotional resilience, mental health and self-harm
- Substance misuse working with Compass Warwickshire young person’s substance misuse service
- Anti-social behaviour and crime
The work with young people can take place anywhere convenient for them with the majority of work being delivered at the Bradby Club utilising the range of facilities and activities to improve engagement.
A parent, carer, lead practitioner or young person can request support using the below contact information.
If you are interested in accessing this support either for yourself or on behalf a young person please contact John by either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01788 544344.
The young person must:
- Be aged 8 to 25 years
- Live in Rugby, Warwickshire
- Consent to the referral